Our Independence Training Facilites students stay overnight from Sunday through to Friday, returning home over weekends and college holidays.
The centres are managed in partnership with .
What You Can Learn At The Centres
During their time at the centres, students develop skills for independent living. This includes cleaning, cooking, washing and learning how to use public transport.
We plan individual learning programmes with each student. We encourage students to work on these during their time at home.
Learn Independent Living Skills
Students Will Learn To:Â
- Plan and prepare healthy meals
- Launder clothes
- Shop for food and other essentials
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Manage a food budget
- Plan a journey and use public transport
- Stay safe and healthy. For example, learning to use household appliances
Students Will Learn 91ÊÓÆµ:Â
- Communication (suitable for the workplace)
- Remembering instructions
- Being punctual and travel planning
Gain Work Experience
Students Will Have:Â
- The opportunity to take part in work experience
- Support from staff at the house and at college
Students Will Have The Opportunity To:Â
- Work on projects with fellow college students.
- Visit friends and family in Bristol (from the house).
- Participate in social activities at the house and in the community.
The Brislington Centre For Independent Living
The Brislington Centre is a residential, independent living training facility in Bristol that supports students with additional needs who are currently enrolled on a full-time course with us.
40 School Road, Brislington, Bristol, BS4 4NN
The Brislington Centre is a space that contains all the facilities residents need in order to live independently.
The grounds are approximately one acre. They include a polytunnel and outdoor classroom where the students work on their own kitchen garden.
We have a number of raised planting beds across the garden. We are planning an accessible walkway and an orchard to make use of the full garden area.
The Brislington Centre For Independent Living – Main House
The Brislington Centre For Independent Living – Eco Living Pods
The Ashley Down Centre For Independent Living
We are thrilled to announce that owing to the immense success of the Brislington Centre, we have opened a second residential training facility, located on the site of our Ashley Down Centre!
The Ashley Down Centre for Independent Living is our second residential, independent living training facility in Bristol that supports students with additional needs who are currently enrolled on a full-time course with us.
Ashley Down Centre, Ashley Down Road, Bristol, BS7 9BU
Get In Touch
We’d love to hear from you.
Please call Adam Metcalfe on 0117 377 1990 or email email@example.com
We offer independence training alongside your course at 91ÊÓÆµ. At our Open Events you can meet staff and current residents and look around our residential training facility. We look forward to meeting you!
To book onto an Open Event, call Adam Metcalfe on 0117 377 1990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply To Be An Independence Training Facility Resident
Who Can Apply For The Independence Training Facilities?
- Students must have an Educational, Health and Care Plan
- Students must be aged 18-24 years old
- Students must have an address within the Bristol City Council area
- Students must have completed at least one year of study at the 91ÊÓÆµ
All four of these criteria must be met in order to apply.
If you would like to be considered for a place, please complete the application form below.
Videos For Residents
We’ve made some videos to help you with some independent living, daily tasks at the Brislington centre.
You can explore all videos on our .